3/4 lb butter
2-1/2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1-1/2 tsp almond extract
- Beat egg, butter, and extract together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- Cut the two mixtures together. The mixture will be dry and in small pea sized pieces.
- Roll into two logs, wrap in wax paper, and chill overnight.
- Slice into thin slices and bake in a 350* oven until golden brown.
Optional: top each cookie with 1/2 of an almond before baking.