- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Boil together 1/4 lb. butter, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 1/2 cup oil. Stir boiling mixture into dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup buttermilk, two beaten eggs, 1 tsp. baking soda, and one tsp. vanilla. Stir this combination into batter mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
- Boil together 1/4 lb. butter, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, and 1/3 cup buttermilk. Stir in 1/2 lb. powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Mix together and pour over hot brownies.
- Allow to cool, slice, and enjoy!