1.5 C almond flour (or meal)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 TBSP flax meal
1 TBSP chia seeds
1 TBSP hempseed hearts
2 TBSP melted coconut oil
1 egg, beaten
1.25 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 C honey
Sliced almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop by small spoonfulls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place two or three almond slices on top, pressing lightly to flatten the dough.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce temperature to 325*F.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for a bit before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container, separated by wax paper. May be frozen.