4-1/2 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup water
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup amaretto liqueur
1. In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine peaches, water lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until peaches are soft (about 20 minutes).
2. Remove pan from heat and puree fruit using an immersion blender. Puree just until a uniform texture is achieved; do not liquefy.
3. In a clean large stainless steel pan, combine peach puree, sugar and amaretto. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently (almost constantly), until mixture thickens and holds its shape on a spoon.
4. Prepare canner, jars and lids.
5. Ladle hot butter into hot jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Wipe rim, center lid on jar, and secure with band.
6. Process 15 minutes. Remove canner lid and wait 5 minutes. Then, remove jars, cool 12-24 hours, clean jars, and store.
Yield: 15 (40z) jelly jars and 1 (8oz) jar.
Recipe adapted from Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving, pg. 57.