Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pork Carnitas, ala Jennifer

INGREDIENTS
1 TBSP lemon juice (lime would be better, but hey...I had lemon, so that's what's here)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 TBSP dried cilantro
2 TBSP chili powder
0.5 small onion, chopped fine
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1.5 teaspoon salt
0.5 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
2-4 cups chicken broth (I used 4c.)
1 pork roast (I used the big end -- 1/3ish -- of a whole tenderloin)

INSTRUCTIONS
~Combine everything but the pork roast in the slow cooker, stir.
~Add the pork roast and cook 8-10 hours on low.
~Shred meat and serve.

Serve in fresh, hot, flour tortillas and garnish with chopped avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges.

1 comment:

  1. I've been try to talk myself into trying to make carnitas but thought it'd be harder than this. I think I can actually do this recipe! ;-) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete