16oz package penne pasta (rigatoni is also fantastic)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4lb pancetta (Italian bacon), chopped
1/3 cup vodka
½ cup heavy cream ( ½ & ½ , or milk also work fine)
1.5 cups tomato sauce
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Couple of shakes of red pepper flakes
1. Cook pasta to al dente (usually 8-10 minutes) and drain.
2. Meanwhile, sauté pancetta in butter until crisp. Add in red pepper flakes.
3. Add vodka and reduce by half (about 4-5 minutes).
4. Stir in tomato sauce and cream.
5. Simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in cooked pasta.
7. Serve in bowls, topped with parmesan cheese.